The iPad Show – Episode 58 – Every Step You Take
Apple is keeping a log of all their iOS users’ location history.
- A lawsuit is being filed - source
- asking for an injuction against Apple
- asking for a refund, not clear whether devices must be surrendered
- But as far as anybody can tell, the data isn’t being sent to Apple
- Nobody knows for sure what it is supposed to be used for
Guess what? Google and Microsoft are doing it too! - source
Everybody was fine with it when it was just the phone companies and the federal government that were doing it.
Courts don’t agree on whether a warrant is required, so depending on what district you live in, different standards are applied. source
President Obama is an iPad 2 User – source
Skype kicks off an Android and Iphone video calling service – using Qik
old news… fring can already do that.